Diet for Healthy Hairs While treatments and shampoos do play a role in maintaining healthy hair, the secret to thick, shiny, strong tresses is a healthy diet.
1. Spinach Iron deficiency is the main cause of hair fall. Spinach is a not only a great source of iron but also vitamin A, C and protein.
2. Carrot Known to be good for the eyes, carrots contain Vitamin A that also improves hair growth. Deficiency of vitamin A may lead to dry and itchy scalp.
3. Egg Since hair is composed of 68 percent keratin protein, eggs help in rebuild damaged hair. They are also rich in a B vitamin called biotin that helps hair grow.
4. Walnut Walnuts contain biotin, B vitamins (B1, B6 and B9), Vitamin E, plenty of protein and magnesium – all of which strengthen hair cuticles and nourish the scalp.
5. Lentil Lentils are a great source of protein, iron, zinc, and biotin. They are also loaded with folic acid which is necessary for restoring the health of red blood cells that supply the skin and scalp with much-needed oxygen.
6. Strawberries and Guava Strawberries contain high levels of silica. Silica is a trace mineral vital for hair strength and hair growth. Other foods rich in silica include rice, oats, onion, cabbage, cucumber and cauliflower. Vitamin C also
7. Yogurt Yogurt is packed with Vitamin B5 and Vitamin D that are known to promote hair follicle healt
8. Sweet potato Beta carotene protects against dry, dull hair and stimulates the glands in your scalp to make an oily fluid called sebum. Orange coloured fruits and vegetables such as carrots, pumpkin, cantaloupe, mangoes and sweet potatoes are a great source of this.